The Food Bank of Northern Nevada continues to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation and its impact on the communities we serve.
We are working with local, state, and federal authorities as well as Feeding America and other members of our Food Bank network around the nation to take necessary precautionary measures to keep those we serve, our employees, our volunteers, and our partners safe.
At this time, most Food Bank operations are continuing as normal with no disruptions to food distributions. Please watch this page for any updates regarding Food Bank programs.
We would like to share the following guidelines with you for the policies and recommendations that we have put in place.
For Those We Serve
Your safety is important to us.
Please see the following guidelines for distributions.
- Please keep safe social distances from others
- Please limit the number of household members who attend distributions
- We recommend 1 person per household
- Practice frequent and thorough hand washing with soap
- Remember to sneeze or cough away from others and into your elbow when possible
- If you are ill, please do not attend a distribution
- Volunteers and employees are wearing gloves & masks and sanitizing surfaces for your protection
Please Note: Masks/face shields are required at all times while attending distributions. Thank you for helping us to keep everyone as safe as possible by wearing your mask any time you are interacting with staff or volunteers, including during check-in and loading of your groceries.
We are committed to continuing to serve our community
Over the coming weeks, we will be communicating regularly with our partners regarding any potential changes to their distribution schedules. Please check the Get Help section of our web site for the most up-to-date schedules and information regarding food resources.
For our Volunteers
Your safety is important to us. Our distributions are continuing and we still need help during this time
Please see these guidelines for volunteers.
- Volunteers aged 10+
- Face Masks/Coverings: Masks or face coverings are REQUIRED for all volunteers. Please bring a mask or face covering with you when volunteering at the warehouse or any of our distribution sites.
- Volunteers will be working in small groups of 10-12 people with tasks set up to allow for social distancing.
- Please help us in observing social distancing by keeping 6+ft distance from others while working.
- Because it is so important to maintain our small group count, please only attend volunteer sessions that you have a confirmed registration for.
- Wash your hands frequently, including before beginning tasks and at the end of your volunteer session.
- Volunteers are required to wear gloves during all tasks.
- If you are not feeling well, we kindly ask that you not attend volunteer activities.
For more information, please visit Washoe County Health District’s web site.