This year, our Hunger Action Month fun is going virtual!
Who doesn’t love a great game of BINGO? We certainly do, and we’ve got a BINGO card full of ways that you can get involved this Hunger Action Month.
Getting started is easy. Just download your FBNN Hunger Action Month card, complete a BINGO by doing all five activities in a row, column, or diagonal, then shoot us an email showing off all the fun stuff you took part in. You can cram all the hunger fighting into one day or take a more leisurely pace and make the fun last all month long. Just make sure you’ve completed your BINGO by the end of Hunger Action Month.
GRAB YOUR BINGO CARD: Download as PDF | Download as Photo
Invite your Friends
If you ask us, making a difference in your community is a wonderful way to bond with family and friends. Invite yours to play along with the BINGO game, and use your social media platforms to share how you’re having an impact on hunger in our community, one square at a time. Don’t forget, we love seeing how our Food Bank friends are getting involved.
Prizes? Yes, please!
Everyone who participates and completes a BINGO will be entered into a drawing to win some GREAT prizes!
- HELLO FRESH: Gift Certificate for One-Week Delivery of 4 Person Meal Plan (2 Recipes per Week)
- FOOD & FUN AT HOME: $40 to Fat Cat Bar & Grill, $10 to Bibo Freddo Gelato, $10 for Game Rental at The Glass Die
- DINNER & THE DRIVE-IN: $40 to Johnny’s/LaCucina, $20 to El Rancho Drive-In Movie Theater
Get a blackout, and you’ll receive 5 BONUS ENTRIES into the prize drawing.
Yes, there are some rules, too.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing of those who email their entry and provide all requested information no later than Friday, October 2.
- In order to claim a square with an action taken on social media, you must tag the Food Bank of Northern Nevada on the platform, and hashtags (#HungerActionMonth and #iFightHunger) need to be included on posts to Instagram and Twitter.
- Food Bank staff are not eligible to win prizes.
Email your completed BINGO to LStMarie@fbnn.org with Hunger Action Month BINGO in the Subject
- Email must be received no later than Friday, October 2 to be entered into prize drawing.
- Please include usernames for any actions taken on social media. If accounts/posts are not public, include screenshots of your posts.
- For actions that are not related to social media, include a photo or note sharing what you did
Questions on any of the activity Squares? Read on for all the Details.
- Collect Food from Friends, Neighbors, or Co-Workers: Drop your donation off at the Feed NV and the Sierra Food Drive at Nevada State Bank’s Prater Branch from 9am-Noon on September 24.
- Sign Up to Volunteer with the Food Bank or One of Our Partner Agencies: Visit the Volunteer page to create a profile and view the schedule of upcoming opportunities with the Food Bank.
- Share a Favorite Recipe Inspired by Our Instagram Grid: We love sharing photos of the food we’re distributing in the community, and we can’t wait to see the delicious dishes you’d make with them. Be sure to tag us and use our hashtags.
- Share a Photo on Social Media from Attending a Past FBNN Event/Activity: Be sure to tag us and use our hashtags.
- Follow Us on Twitter: @FoodBankNN
- Complete the 2020 Census & Secure Funding for Hunger Relief Programs: Already completed your census? Check that box off!
- Sign Up for Our E-Newsletter at FBNN.org: Enter your email address in the Join Our Community section of the home page.
- Donate Food at the Feed NV and the Sierra Food Drive at Nevada State Bank’s Prater Branch from 9am-Noon on September 24.
- Like the FBNN Facebook Page
- Contact Your Member of Congress About Child Hunger: Ask your elected officials to support legislation that will provide solutions for children and families struggling in the wake of the pandemic. Visit the Advocate section of the Hunger Action Month page for more details.
- Donate to the Portraits for Produce Campaign: Help us raise 340,000lbs of fresh fruits and veggies. Small efforts can make a BIG difference!
- Share a Photo Showing Off Your Favorite FBNN Swag: Don’t have any swag? Keep an eye on our social media posts – you never know what might be put up for grabs. We’ll be popping around town throughout the month with giveaways.
- Go ORANGE & Share a Photo for Hunger Action Day Sept. 10: Join people all across the Feeding America network in raising awareness of the issue of food insecurity by wearing orange and asking your friends & family to do the same.
- Challenge Your Social Media Followers to Match Your Donation
- Make Coffee at Home and Donate Your Coffee Shop Savings
- Share the Feed NV & the Sierra Food Drive Event on Facebook: While you’re viewing the event anyway, mark yourself “interested” or “going.”
- Follow the FBNN Linkedin Page
- Activate AmazonSmile on Your Shopping App & Make FBNN Your Charity
- Organize Your Own Virtual Food Drive: With every $1 providing 3 meals, it doesn’t take long before donations to your virtual food drive have a big impact.
- Send a Note of Thanks to a Food Bank Hero on Feeding America’s Hunger Action Month page.
- Donate to the Run on Tuna Food Drive: Visit the Donate Food & Funds section of the Hunger Action Month page for more details.
- Treat Yourself with The Cheesecake Factory Slice Campaign: Purchase a slice of The Cheesecake Factory’s new Chocolate Caramelicious Cheesecake Made with Snickers, and $0.25 will be donated to Feeding America and benefit your local food bank.
- Post a Hunger Fact on Social Media
- Share a @FoodBankNN Instagram Post to Your Story
- Follow Us on Instagram @FoodBankNN