Roughly half of Nevadans who are eligible for food stamps actually receive them. The Food Bank of Northern Nevada helps people in need apply for this vital benefit.
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/formerly food stamps) is an important program for struggling families, seniors, and others. The Food Bank of Northern Nevada offers SNAP Outreach to help connect eligible clients to these vital benefits.
If you or someone you know may be eligible for SNAP benefits, our SNAP Outreach staff can help you with:
• Answering questions about income guidelines and other qualification requirements
• Helping applicants to fill out and submit their application
• Conducting the required interview portion of the application process
• Accepting and verifying required documentation for the application process
• Requesting information about the status of an application or current SNAP case
SNAP Outreach is available at a variety of locations in Reno, Sparks, and rural northern Nevada.
View the SNAP Guidelines Flier for more information.
Download the SNAP Application to get started. You may bring your completed application to any SNAP Outreach site. We’ll also be happy to assist you, if needed, in completing the form.
Clients living outside of Washoe County may also reach a SNAP Outreach staff member for assistance with applying for benefits by contacting our SNAP hotline at (888) 304-SNAP (7627), Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information, please contact our SNAP office at (888) 304-SNAP or the SNAP Outreach Manager, Kerry Walsh at (775) 772-6280.
Please note: If you are e-mailing in regards to receiving food stamp benefits, please include a phone number to reach you at (if possible) so that we may contact you in a timely manner.